Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ham (or Spam) and Potato Casserole

3-6 large potatoes OR 3 c. reconstituted potato slices
1 cup (or can of spam), chopped ham
2 small onions, chopped or dash of onion powder
Cheddar cheese, grated

Sauce:
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 cup beef bouillon, reconstituted (1 tsp. bouillon in 1 cup water)
1/2 cup sour cream ( I use light)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 drops Tabasco sauce

Cook Potatoes in boiling salted water for approx. 20 minutes until tender. Melt butter in saucepan; add flour, stirring constantly. Cook 3 minutes. Add bouillon, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and Toabasco sauce. Stir well. Cook until thick. Arrange potatoes, ham, and onion in casserole dish. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serves 6.

* I use 3 large potatoes because I like to have more sauce. And I use the Farmland cooked and cubed ham so it makes things quick and easy. I have never tried the Spam, but one of these days I will brave it. We have a couple cans for food storage because that stuff can last up to 60 years! I am sure it would taste just fine either way. But the ham is my favorite!

No comments: