Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cream Cheese Cookies-UVRMC recipe

These are seriously some of the tastiest cookies I've ever had at the hospital. I was excited when someone had the recipe out at work. ENJOY!

3 3/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c. butter
4 1/2 oz cream cheese- use half of an 8 oz cube and save the other half for the frosting
1 1/2 c. white sugar
1 1/2 egg
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice-fresh

Cream: cream cheese and butter, add the sugar. Beat well. Add egg and lemon juice and mix well. Add dry ingredients slowly. Drop with small ice cream scoop on greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Frosting (MUST HAVE):
6 oz butter
12 oz cream cheese
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3 lbs powdered sugar

Cream together then frost cookies.

3 comments:

Young Family said...

That is so funny because I got the same one at work and made them last week. I wish I would have known you liked them and I would have brought you some. :)

Heather Walker said...

Hi, I found this blog on an internet search and before I make these, I just wanted to make sure that the frosting really needs 4 pounds of powdered sugar. that just seems like an awful lot. Thanks!

Heather Walker said...

I meant 3 pounds:)