Thursday, February 5, 2009

Taco Salad

Okay so this may be totally lame, but we had it last night and it tasted really good to me. I like it because it is easy and so versatile, I think I find a new ingredient to add every time we have it. And I usually have leftover hamburger so we have burritos or some easy leftover the next night.

1 lb. hamburger
taco seasoning (add as little or as much as you like)
1 head lettuce
1 can black or pinto bean
corn chips (you could also use Fritos or Doritos)
cheese
ranch dressing
other toppings we like: tomatoes, onions, corn, salsa

cook hamburger & add in taco seasoning
drain beans and warm in pan

layer as follows: chips (crush first), lettuce, hamburger, beans, cheese, other toppings of your choice then top off with dressing Enjoy!

-Growing up we used Dorito chips and Catalina dressing which is a really good combination as well.

No comments: