Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mexi-Chili Casserole

16 ounce bag of corn tortilla chips
2 cans chili
15 ounce can of enchilada sauce
3-4 cups grated cheddar cheese (I usually use less than this)
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 can chicken (optional - I don't usually include this)

Reserve 1/2 of the chips and 1/2 of the cheese.
Mix all other ingredients in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour. Top with remaining cheese and bake until melted. (I am usually lazy and mix all the cheese in at the beginning.)
Serve with chips and sour cream if desired. (I eat this basically like a dip.)

Note: This is probably the easiest dinner recipe I have. Besides grating the cheese the rest of it is just opening cans. I like to eat it with Nacho Cheese Doritos - but do NOT use Nacho Cheese Chips on the bottom of the mixture - they will burn in the oven.

No comments: