Monday, March 9, 2009

Souther Mac & Cheese

I've had requests to post this. It's a favorite around here. It's really easy to make. I think I make it a little different every time I make it. I'll write down the recipe, but then I'll tell you some of the things I sometimes do different and let's hope it makes sense. It's one of those family recipes that you don't have a recipe written down...you just do it. =)

Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese (usually I just get the original cheese, but I've tried it with the sharp cheese) (Also works fine with the generic....just make sure it's the Deluxe kind)

1 stick of butter (per box).....now I usually only do 1/2 stick or less sometimes. It's fattening enough =)

3 Eggs (per box)

Grated Cheese (I just use what cheese I have. Sometimes cheddar, sharp, the white and yellow,
I think co- jack and cheddar? I haven't found a yellow cheese I haven't liked in it.)

Cooked ham chunks if you want it as more of a mail meal instead of side dish.

Make the macaroni as directed in pan. Then add butter, eggs and stir together. Then mix in a handful of cheese & ham. Pour into 9x13 pan. Top with cheese. I keep it in the oven at 450 degrees until bubbling through, then switch it to broil for a minute to brown the top. What closely. Oh, and I usually double it and it fits in a 9x13 or I've done it in the pan size just bigger than 9x13.

1 comment:

Jen said...

My family loves this! We put the ham in it to make it a yummy dinner.